so guess what we did today? we bought the girls cribs and dressers! it was black Friday, and my husband was off from school and work so we went to babiesru.s.
we didn't think we were going to go all out, but we did. do you know how i felt walking into the clothing section, and actually being able to buy clothing for my little girls? it was an indescribable feeling.
we just took a cart and started dropping things in:
clothes
blankets
pacifiers
sheet sets
bottles
and then we went to the furniture section and purchased their things. i love that they have their own things.
yesterday soleil ate from a bottle for the first time! she was making a sucking noise with her mouth as if she was ready to be bottle fed and she did well! the nurses will only bottle feed her once a day so as to not wear her out (they don't want her burning calories).
Neve was bottle fed today but only took in 1cc. At least she's in the game as well.
I spoke to the nurse practitioner and she said that although soleil is a bit behind (with regards to breathing- she's on and off the c-pap), neve is smaller and therefore they each have their own hurdles to overcome. she said that at 34 weeks they will try to put them in an open crib and see how they do. I cant wait to bring my girls home- you have no idea. Until then, I will organize my house and my thoughts and wait.
Friday, November 23, 2007
my babies
Posted by Gemini Girl at 8:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's got to feel good...buying things for your girls w/out being scared about it.
How wonderful ! I'm sorry that you weren't able to celebrate and buy more stuff before all of this :)
I remember I waited to wash stuff, but my little girl had a CLOSET FULL before she even thought of coming in to this world.
I hope it was so much fun for you guys.
I also can't wait to see pictures of the nursery :) hint hint.
Maya,
Glad you guys had a good time at bru. It is a lot of fun buying baby stuff, isn't it! (It is amazing how fast it all adds up, too!)
The girls are just cruising along...it won't be long now until they are at home with you!
I can't wait to see pics of the nursery, too!
So glad that you finally got to buy some things.
That shopping trip sounds like fun. Glad that the girls are doing well and while it's frustrating that it seems to go slowly, they really sound like they are doing fantastic.
Post a Comment