If you're wondering about my lack of posts, well it's because I usually post from work. I haven't been into work much these past two weeks as you already know.
Anyway, on Friday night I went on Fac*ebook and saw a message from one of the managers at work. He said he was glad to hear I was staying on. I said that nothing was certain yet, since everything was still up in the air. He said that the EVP communicated to all the manager's that I was staying and then he went on to tell me "You do know his assistant was fired"?
Wow, so I guess she was let go on Thursday. Do I feel completely horrible about this situation? YES. I mean I took her job. I know that the EVP was not happy with her and was going to let her go anyway, but I still feel bad.
But like I said, I have to worry about my livelihood.
On Wednesday afternoon, I went to my old boss' apt. She had been wanting to give me her daughter's clothes that she had outgrown (her daughter is 2). First of all- her apt is INSANE. For a Manhattan apt it was HUGE. Walk-In closet people. 2 bathrooms. I could go on.. but to put a price tag on the rent: $8,000.00. Yes you read right. That's a mortgage payment for like 3 houses. Insane but I digress...
She had told me that she had put me in for a raise a month before she was let go and to talk to HR about it. So I will.
Anyway, since I did not go into work on Thursday when this all went down I did not get a chance to have a sit down with the EVP. I know that he wants me to be his assistant and he will now be on vacation for the next week. HR called me to talk and I will speak to them tomorrow. This is all so awkward. But at least I have a job where I may get a pay raise (his assistant made 25g's more than me) so I am thinking anywhere btwn those two salary points.
On July 4th we took the girls to a baseball game. We received a few free tickets to a minor league game courtesy of the March of Dimes so we went with my parents. I had never been to a game (yes heather- never been) and neither did my husband. It was really nice:
The girls in their july 4th gear:
I have NO idea what's going on:
I guess this weird cow was the mascot. Oh and that shirt I'm wearing has got to go. I kept getting pregnant looks from people:
"He's OK!"
Soleil:
Neve:
Soleil:

Neve:
The girls:
10 comments:
Those pics are sooo cute! I just took my twins last week to have their pics taken (one pic is up on my blog)- we only got a couple of good ones in before they started crying. Where did you take them? The photographer did a great job!
8,000 is INSANE !
Glad to hear you have a new job with a possible raise.
CUTE pictures. Soleil seems to have REALLY enjoyed the experience.
OK, $8,000 would pay my mortgage in my Atlanta 2600 ft house for 6 months!!! I am so happy the job situation worked out for you and I also hope the woman who you replaced fairs well too. It is great that you are concerned about her. It shows what a good person you are.
The pic are super cute!! Have you thought about registering the girls with a modeling agency? I just registered my 5 month old with one. They say they don't get that much work (if any at that age) but I thought it would be neat. It doesn't cost anything. Just had to send some pictures with her info on the back. Your girls are so photogenic and it seems that they love the camera.
Love the pics. They turned out great. I am so glad you still have a job and one with a pay increase too :-)
Yay, I missed you. I LOVE that last pic.
So great about your job, hopefully it's only awkward for one more week, and then it's all smooth sailing.
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxo
That sounds great about the job (but, yes, sucks for the former assistant)...I hope you get a nice chunk of a raise!!
Looks like you guys had a great 4th! And the pictures are so cute; they do love the camera!
They'd BETTER give you a raise. Don't let them get away with expecting you to do that job for less money. While it's true she was probably there longer, you deserve a raise. Seriously. I'll be your agent!!! ;-)
Those pictures of the girls are so cute. I kind of want copies for my wallet. For real!
OH! AND! I totally know exactly where you saw that game, just from the picture. I can believe you've never been to a game - I have lots of friends that haven't! You went to a really nice park, though. I went to a game there on teh 4th of July - in 2004!
Those are the cutest pics! What beautiful girls!
I heard that The Picture People did a great job. Maybe I'll have to take my kids there next time (btw my husband is from SI- so funny!)
Post a Comment