I think my body is no longer effected my caffeine. I am on my second cup and so tired. You would think I hardly slept, but I actually got a few hours. My daughters have started sleeping a bit and so I have no excuse. It seems the more sleep I get. the more tired I become.
OK- CRAZY idea.....
I am thinking of having another baby next year. Is that crazy? I don't know what a difference it will make- going from 2-3, but I feel that since we are already in the swing of things- baby wise, we could handle another. I mean, I'm not sure if I will be lucky enough to get pregnant again- since it was was so easy to get pregnant the first time *wink wink*. But I am totally thinking about it.
I definitely feel like a machine... You kind of have to be on machine mode when you have twins. Everything needs to be done. So if I am already on auto- mode, why not add another to the brood?
But the truth is, I'm scared that I would go into pre-term labor again. I mean, whats to stop it from happening? My doctors didn't know why I went into pre-term labor the first time- since they had no previous pregnancies of mine to compare it to. But it definitely worries me. I feel as though I went into labor because it was a twin pregnancy.
If we have ivf again, I will have one inserted this time ( I have 6 frozen eggs left). Again, you hope that one will take. That's why most people place two or three inside. But if my body couldn't handle my first twin pregnancy, I don't think I would risk having it happen again. My husband thinks I'm crazy and he definitely wants to wait until the girls are 5, but I worry. I worry that GD forbid something will happen to my remaining ovary... and the frozen eggs wont last. But I do realize how lucky I am in the first place to have received two beautiful little miracles.
Moving on...

Yesterday, as I was making my morning coffee in the kitchen at my office, I came across a pamphlet for the March of Dimes Walk. It is now called the March for Babies. While I was on hospital bed rest, and pretty much knew that these girls were going to be premature, I was on their website a lot. I received a lot of vital information. I even read other's stories about their premature babies and how the babies were now healthy.
So there's a walk in NYC on April 27th, and I am doing it. I have to. I have never participated in a walk before, and what better walk to begin with? My company has a group doing it, so I will join them and bring my husband and girls a long. You can even purchase onesies for your babies that say "NICU Graduates"- with proceeds going to the march of dimes. So that's what I'll be doing with my Sunday. I am even trying to raise money. If you are interested in donating, let me know and I will email you the link to donate.
5 comments:
You most likely went in to pre term labor because you were carrying twins.
WHEN ;) you get pregnant again with a singleton (I'm only assuming because you are replacing one)....I'm certain it will be a smooth and easy pregnancy for you.
You will DIE at how much easier a singeton pregnancy can be compared to twins.
I have comments to your post but I just realized I never answered your question on my blog...Daniel bought the humidifier so I am not exactly sure which model it is but it is a Vicks and it was $100. It's got two water containers and it is a warm mist because he read that was better...not sure if it is or not?!??!? The girls have finally stopped coughing all night though so...maybe??
The thought of a 3rd baby has been crossing my mind, too, especially since we just got the bill for the "storage" of our 5 embryos. I also will only have one put in because I just don't want to risk going through pre-term labor again, either. So then our next question is, how many do we have thawed if we are only wanting one more child?? Do we thaw all five and see what happens or just go one by one?!?!? There is SO much to think about. But, I am with you...the sooner, the better (but I'd like to wait until the girls turn 2). I need to stay in baby mode and not have children and start all over again. The thought of being outnumbered kind of scares me and I also can't imagine going anywhere with 3 as difficult as it sometimes is with 2 but...time is ticking away!!!
I can't say I blame you for wanting to get started again soon. If things were normal, I'd probably wonder why, but after going through what I've gone through with FETs...well...you never know what's going to happen. If you're like me, you want to get started again just in case things don't go smoothly...that way there's still time for more options. I don't think what happened with our frozens will happen to you, but you get my point. Plus, your kids will be close in age, and that's always fun for the kids...at least I think so.
I don't think you are crazy for wanting more. Not at all.
Another one!! Heh heh - I reckon go for it, ditto what everyone else has said. While they're young and it's already madness ... why not. May as well!
I have no doubt that you will get pregnant again one day, GG.
Post a Comment