Had a looooong few days!
I had 4 days off. Now, you would think that I would have planned or enjoyed those days. Not so.
Friday, my husband has a day off from work, and I usually work a normal 9-5 mon-fri. Since I had the day off, we decided we would do a little shopping for the girls- they needed clothes desperately, and for my husband. As I was getting dressed for my shopping filled day (which you know I love) I sneezed and apparently strained a neck muscle. I was in horrible pain for 3days! I could not move my neck! I, of course, do not allow that pain to interfere with shopping or my "3-day weekend" so I truck on. My DH massaged my back with Ben Ga*y which didn't help- it only made me smell like a senior citizen. My scent blended into our first stop- the local diner for breakfast (because you know old people LOVE their diners). We decided NOT to talk about the girls for once, which was surprisingly pleasant (my mother was watching them).
We proceed to BRU and buy the little munchkins an activity play mat (you can click to see which one) since my girls seem to be getting bored with their swings and need more stimulation. My husband and I argued over the rain forest themed play gym, or aqua themed. The nature won out (more colorful).
We then headed over to Ol*d navy. Let me tell you- SALE GALORE.I was in heaven! With my strained neck, I rummaged through their racks like a mad woman. I found so many adorable things for the girls at insane prices. I don't get those people who spend a ton of money on their kids clothes. They outgrow them so quickly. My friend who has two children herself keeps telling me to buy the girls clothes that are a lot bigger (I.E 9-12 months). I took her advice, and to tell you the truth, the stuff is not so big on them- which makes me wonder the validity of sizes.
We then went to our local 99 cent store so that I could buy a ton of candy. Why candy you ask? Well, the Jewish holiday of Purim is coming up. On Purim, you dress your children up in costumes and give each other baskets of goodies. Next week is Purim, and I purchased my girls the cutest costumes! I will post pictures next week.
Anyway, we continued on a for a while before we got home. I could barely pick the girls up, I was in major pain. That night, while on "my shift" with the girls, I started having horrid stomach aches. Yup, I caught the stomach bug. I was glued to the bathroom in pain for the rest of the night. I told my husband at 3am that there was no way that I could watch the girls- I didn't want to get them sick. So he took the day off. So instead of Saturday being a fun day for the family, I was sick in bed with a strained neck. My husband apparently resented this and would not stop complaining. A huge fight ensued- and I hated him for a good 5 hours. My parents came by, and we ordered in.
The problem with my father... he seems to outwardly favor Soleil. This makes me VERY unhappy, as I never want the girls to feel like one of them is the "favorite". Apparently, she looks almost exactly like me when I was a baby, so it takes him back. I don't care what the reason is... this is something that I do not condone in my household. So, when he pays attention to her, I say- "well, don't forget Neve"- "what about Neve" etc....
It really pisses me off.
But at the same time, I feel as though my husband and I each gravitate to a different twin. I don't think its favoritism, but I hate myself for feeling that way. I mean, I know its natural... but I still feel guilty about it. I love them both equally, but differently.
So anyway, on Sunday, we decided to take the girls out. We went to Cost*co, since my husband had never been. Never go there on a Sunday! we say the crowds, went in for a moment, and left.
BTW- I purchased new baby bottles on Friday, and didn't realize that maybe it was time to switch nipple sizes. My girls have been on size 1 now since they were born. So I bought size 2. My husband said "well, at 3 months they need to be on size 3, so lets buy them". We did- but I quickly realized that you cant go from a size 1 to a size 3 overnight. It was like their mouths were flooded and they would stop eating- poor things. So I switched them to size 2 for now (but they still seem to be eating less). I guess they need time to adjust.
On sunday, my father proceeded to tell me that my mother has a cold- so I told her not to come watch them on MOnday. I stayed home, and Soleil drove me crazy! I didnt get too much done. I did however paint letters (their names) that have been sitting in my closet for a while. Cannot wait to finally hang them above their cribs.
Oh and Neve loves the playgym. She smiles when she gets under it and starts to talk! It is adorable!
Look how happy she is!



Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Long ass weekend
Posted by Gemini Girl at 1:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Your girls are getting cuter and cuter! Your weekend sounds busy- and I hope your neck is better- that sucks! Can't wait to see the Purim costumes! (My mom made me go as a giant matzah one year in elementary school : )
Ha ha! I've hurt myself sneezing, too. Isn't it sad?
What cute little roly-polies you have there. I love the smile. My stupid camera is so slow, I can't ever seem to catch one unless we're outside.
Sorry about your neck. Once I had slept wrong on my neck and had a dance concert (don't start:) a nurse told me to rub ice on it...until it KILLED. I did and was able to move my neck.
Funny that a sneeze would do such damage. I've heard of the sneeze and pee. Or the sneeze and fart...never the sneeze and throw your neck out :) ha ha
So Purim is in essence Halloween right ? :)
Can't wait to see pictures.
Cute girls.
We have also had problems with grandparents "favoring" one twin over the other - also because one looks more like me and one like my husband (at least that's my theory). It does seem to be getting better now, but you have to force yourself and others to at least TRY to treat them equally. It is a tough battle.
We also went through the nipple size thing - we had our boys on 1 for the first month, then switched to 2 with no problem at all. At 4 months, we tried to switch them to 3s but had a lot of trouble with "drownings" so we waited and tried again in a few weeks. They are now on 3s and doing well at 5+ months.
I hope your neck gets better soon - it is difficult to not be physically able to take care of your babies!
And thanks for the support on my blog. I'm not sure where people come off being so judgmental with someone they don't know - and the assumptions of things I haven't even talked about - well, I'm glad to have my "usual supporters" chipping in with comments that are more realistic and less one-sided.
I'm sorry to hear about your neck pain. That's happened to me before. Your neck just goes stiff for days on end for no real apparent reason.
I'm also sorry to hear about the favoritism. I don't know what can be done about it other than expressing your feelings about it.
Love that last pick. They are like little chubby monkeys just hanging out!
I hurt my back/neck about 3 months after having the kids. I still don't know what I did, but it last about 5 days, and I actually went to one of those emergency medical places and got percocet and muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory pills. But really, the percocet helped the most! Feel better!
Strained neck muscle AND a stomach bug...yikes!!! Glad the bug didn't stick around too long because those things are awful. Hope your neck is doing better!
I agree with you on not understanding those who spend outrageous amounts on baby clothes. My SIL gave me some clothes from her little girl that still had the tags...there was a sweater for $50...I almost choked. I don't spend that much on myself usually! I am all about the bargains. Have you checked out the George line at Wal-Mart? It is very cute stuff!!
I also know what you mean about feeling like you gravitate more toward one. From day one, I've tried to be so good about not doing that but I can see it some in others. Plus, Chayse is just a happier, smiley baby so she tends to get more attention.
Hope you are feeling better!
What cute pictures! They are getting so big, too! (and we have that play mat, too.)
I can't wait to see the girls in their outfits. I remember when you got them last year.
Hoping your neck returns to normal ASAP. I have done that, too, and it is so painful. I am impressed that you were even able to do anything!
Ahh, nipples. We have moved the boys up to size 3 for Shawn and 4 for Jason. We moved Shawn back to size 2 for a short while, but had to go back up to a 3 with an added slit because we added the cereal to his formula. Jason loves size 4--he always acts like he has never been fed! Anyway, my point is that the girls will love the bigger size once they get used to it.
Post a Comment