Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 14, 2008

Super Diaper Baby- Up & Away!!!!!

I think I'm wittier in real life.

Anyway, My boss is out on vacation the entire next week. She and her family are going to Aruba (ahh, the good life), whilst I stay behind. Now, seeing as though I am her assistant, I wont have much to do since she is not here. I mean, she's a big shot so there are going to be meeting requests, phone calls, general upkeep of her paperwork. But that's small potatoes. I will be bored out of my mind. Any suggestions on how to pass time?

I mean, do I really need to be here from 9-5:30 when she's not? I will be staring at the wall.

"Where's my wine?"
On Thursday I have an obgyn appointment. I haven't had an internal exam since I gave birth. I only went in a few weeks after giving birth to check on the healing of my stitches (from the c-section) and the DR informed me that he couldn't do an internal until at least 2 months have passed. So, I of course wait until 4 months. I am so tired. When do I have time to go?

I asked my husband to come along and to bring the girls with him to my appointment. I want my Dr. to see them. He was the best. He gave me sanity when I needed it as I lay on that hospital bed full of doubts and fears.

He was also the one to send me to my fertility doctor.

We had a GREAT relationship, we always made each other laugh and were quite sarcastic with one another. It was also awesome that he delivered me. This doesn't happen much when you go to a OBGYN practice, whoever is on call is who delivers you. He happen to have been there on his shift when I went into labor.

When I was recovering from the c-section, as I was hyped up on drugs, he said I owed him two bottles of wine (one for each girl). I remembered this (by some grace of GD) and bought him two bottles. As he walked into the exam room, he looked at me and said "Where's my wine?" and I handed it over.

My mom's best friend also goes to him, and they were discussing me a few weeks ago. She assured him that the girls were doing fine and he was extremely relieved. So that is why I want to bring the girls there for him to see. I think the girls need to being him a gift. Any suggestions on what they should bring?

"I like your coat"

I think I may have inadvertently hit on a co-worker (one who I had never met before). We were both in the elevator and I glanced at her. She was wearing the most kick-ass coat I have ever seen. I looked at her and complimented her on the jacket. She told me she got it a few months ago. I looked at it up and down and said "I like it". I think it came across as sexual. Which, I didn't mean to, since she isn't my type (that is, if I were into women. But even if I was I wouldn't find her attractive).There was a weird silence. I stepped off the elevator.


Twin Duty
I am not looking forward to tonight. My husband works Saturdays and that means Mommy is on "twin duty" for most of the night/ next day. Its hard to do it alone. But at least I get to spend some quality time with the girls. I love getting them out of their cribs in the morning. As I pick them up from their cribs, they stretch in my arms, it is the cutest thing in the world! Soleil curls up into a ball and makes a pouty face. I switched their formula to soy yesterday- hopefully it will help them with their digestion problems. They are so opposite. Soleil is always majorly constipated, while Neve's poop comes out so watery and she goes several times a day (after a test, it was determined that it is not caused by an infection, and she's gaining weight, so we're not too concerned).

And for those of you who made it through this blog, I reward you with this picture of Neve:

Super Diaper Baby to the rescue

9 comments:

Chastity said...

I love the reward picture at the end :).

I have no idea what type of gift to give the doctor. The only thing I ever gave my OB was a snapshot of Lila to put on his "Babies I Delivered" board.

Denise said...

Hmm....
A gift basket? A gift card. Shit I don't know.

Stacie said...

I love that picture, too! As for the gift thing, I have no idea. I would second the gift card idea--maybe to a bookstore or to a restaurant (seeing how he probably works all the time and might need an incentive to be with his wife). If nothing else, I bet he would appreciate a nice letter/card telling him how wonderful it is. We all need little boosters like that from time to time.

I have the twins alone this weekend, too. Isaac has a convention to work at both Friday and Saturday. I have tried to keep them fairly quiet at night and not disturb him so he can get some sleep. But I swear on Sunday, I am sleeping all night through--he is on duty then for sure! Good luck with your duty.

And hey, take advantage of the down time. It is nice to just "be" for a moment. Things are crazy all around you, this might be a blessing in disguise! On line shopping is always there...no need to invest in something, the looking is just as fun!

Kirsten said...

I love my OB/Gyn, too. Now I feel bad for not giving her anything!! I did give my RE and his staff stuff when I was with them. Since our IVF was around Christmas, I made them a big basket full of Christmas goodies. Maybe you could do a spring basket or something like that. Cookies are always appreciated...maybe a cookie bouquet???
And to answer your question, we just started putting the girls in the stroller without the carseats when they were about 7 months. The straps on their chests are still a little big but the ones that strap their lower half in are pretty tight...we haven't had a problem with them falling over or anything! They still can't sit in a shopping cart yet though. Can't wait for that!
Hope your weekend went well...love the pic :)

Kevin said...

Nothing quite beats pictures of cute babies.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Kerry Lynn said...

You are too funny. Is that a diaper on her head??? HAHA

You can pass the time at work by reading blogs :-) That's what I do.

OH, the stretching this is SOOO cute. I actually forgot about it until you mentioned it. It always cracked us up. I think we even have it on video.

Kerry Lynn said...

OH, I also wanted to mention this.

I read a blog and she had posted some scary things about soy. I don't mean to scare you, but figured you'd be interested in reading what she wrote.
http://4littlemen.blogspot.com/2007/12/soy-is-junk-food-what.html

Heather said...

Ugh, our preemie is always majorly constipated, too. She can go for DAYS without pooping, poor thing. Her pediatrician has us giving her prune juice. It helps slightly.