Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New Trick

Hey Lurkers.. I know you're out there... why don't you just stop in and say a quick hello? Don't be scared, I wont bite!



By the way, Soleil has learnt a new trick:



Maybe if I turn that way I could avoid my spit up Oh boy, I'm going head first into it
Hey Mommy, look what I did!


OK people, she has officially learnt to roll over! At 6 months & 1 week (about 4 months adjusted age).

I am so proud of my little munchkin. I mean, I knew it was coming, since on Sunday night we put her to sleep on her back and she woke up on her tummy Monday morning. But we actually get to see her in action last night. Of course all the rolling around makes her spit up (which is why there is a huge stain of orange on her sheet- don't worry, we changed the sheets !). It was so cool. So every time she rolled over, we would cheer her on and she would smile and coo, like she knew she did something right!

I couldn't help but tear up. I mean- this was my baby girl"B" who was the one placed on a respirator at birth ( scored a 4 on the apgar scale) , and the one who stayed in the hospital longer than her sister. This was the baby I so worried over. My little muchkin is now on the go, and all I can say is- Thank GD. When I went into labor at 25 weeks- it could have went in a completely different direction- I am aware of that. It was a hair away form being a nightmare.

I wake up every morning, thankful that they are both here. Thankful that they seem to be doing well (of course, you never actually know until they are grown). Thankful that the night when I spoke to the neonatal doctor is far, far behind me.

Anyway, I will NOT be one of those mom's who compare their children's development- as all children develop at a different rate (so you're off the hook for now Neve).

So glad I can share this mommy joy with you guys!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

delurking to say hi... awww she is such a cutie!! they both are- congrats on her rolling over!

Chastity said...

Yay Soleil!!

K J and the kids said...

WAY TO GO SOLEIL !!!!!
Nice roll !

Cynthiabu said...

Hi! I am Cindy from Indianapolis. I am a long time lurker on your blog. I think your girls are the cutest!!! I found you through a fertility website and Stacey was on there trying to get pregnant with her boys and I got linked up to her site and found you and several others who are living what I dream of which is having another baby. I have been trying for 7 plus years and time is winding down since I just turned 36. Anyway, I hope you have a fabulous day!!!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Go Soleil!

Heather said...

Go Soleil!!! I am so proud of her. The look on her face is CLASSIC! I know Neve is on the brink - maybe she and Maddie will roll over on the same day? At this point, though, I will be happy if their teeth just break through already!

lltanderson said...

hi! i'm stopping by to delurk, thank you for stopping by my DD's blog, and to comment on your beautiful miracle girls! they're gorgeous!

Ky said...

Congratulations Soleil!! Don't listen too closely to milestones and "adjusted age" - your little miracles will defy them anyway. Wait til they start crawling!!!

Furrow said...

Let the good times roll! Good job, Soleil.

Andrea said...

delurking - don't think I posted before!
The girls are gorgeous (but you already know that!). They are a couple months older than my 3rd little one (who has a 4 yo brother and a 2 yo - former preemie - sister!)

Emily said...

Hi, Emily delurking. I have two girls who just turn 2- I found you looking through the multiples section of Mel's blogroll. Congrats to Soliel on the fantastic rolling! Your daughters are beautiful!