I am so sad.
A co-worker of mine who I LOVE was sick for the past two weeks and I didn't know what was wrong. She came back today and I went to visit her. When we were alone I told her that the IVF worked and that I was pregnant with twins. She knew of everything that I went through to get pg and she wanted advice bec she too thought that when she was ready to have kids she would have a problem due to cysts and irregular periods. She is engaged and getting married next year.
Well once I told her about my happiness, she told me why she was out.
She said she had stomach aches for days and then started bleeding one day. Her fiancee took her to the hospital only to find out that she was 7 weeks pg- carrying twins -and the babies had not made it. They said that the reason that they didn't make it was because she had a large cyst on her ovary that was using up all the blood in her uterus and it took away from the babies.
They immediately had to put her to sleep and remove the embryos.
When she is healed she will have to undergo surgery to remove the cyst, hopefully sans ovary. I told her that if she wants to talk to me about it- Im there. I have been through two cyst removals ( 3 laparoscopies). The first one was to remove a 14cm cyst with my distorted right tube. The second a few months later to remove a cyst from my right ovary along with 3/4's of my ovary rendering it useless. I have been through a lot and wanted to offer some support.
But I was shocked.
All this and the woman thought she couldn't get pregnant naturally! She never used birth control with her fiancee. Poor baby- she is one of the nicest and best people you can meet- she didn't deserve this.
Imagine my surprise to find this out right after I told her that I was having twins! What are the chances? I would never have told her. Of course being the best person that she is she was so happy for me.
I am so sad for her.
All this just makes you think, you know?

2 comments:
That is REALLY sad. You have to wonder the fate of it all....not only does she have to go through all of this, but now she gets to do it with her very good friend who is pregnant with twins.
Thing is....she would have found out eventually. I'm sure she is happy for you and happy that you trusted her. She knows all that you've been through.
For some reason when I was trying....the ones who got pregnant after trying SO hard to get pregnant were the ones that I was thrilled and over the moon for. The ones that got pregnant easily I had to MAKE myself be happy for. Now that I have my kids it's easy to be happy for EVERYONE....it's just one of those things.
2 good things came of this.
1- she knows she can get pregnant now. HOW AWESOME is that. Hopefully things will work out with the cyst removal. She's dropping multiple eggs...that's great for her.
2- YOU TOLD. You told someone at work. So proud of you :)
So sorry for your friend - it is terribly sad she is having to go through this. Sounds like you are a good friend to her. She's very lucky to have someone to show her that you can get through it - and you can get pg again.
Post a Comment