Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th....


So today is Friday the 13th. Should I be worried? I have my NT scan today and I entered my 13th week of pregnancy today as well. Is that a sign?
Oh wait there's more- I also found a white hair on the top of my head today- by the crown. Yes, overnight a white hair grew, because I know it wasn't there yesterday! What's that about?

I know I have about 3 or 4 inside the folds of my hair in the back. That's fine because only my hair dresser can see it. But this? This is out there for the world to see. So I cut it. I didn't pluck it out because I remember what Samantha on Sex in the City said when she found a white hair down below: "IF you pluck a white hair, 10 more will come to its funeral". It's funny that this is happening now- I am pregnant and will be a mom and so I have therefore become "old". I know some of you are laughing at me right now- but getting fat and having white hair is not a sign of youth! (Do you sense the melodrama in me?)

My 17 year old cousin on the other hand has a bunch of white hairs on the top of her head. She dyes it because its quite severe.



"Date Night"


Anyway last night was ok. I didn't have a "great" time but it was nice. First of all let me tell you one thing: Parking in NYC is insane. You just cannot find any. So we parked in a parking garage. $48 dollars!

We met up with the birthday boy, a few of his friends, and some of our shared friends. They are all single, living their lives, going out all the time... needless to say we didn't fit in.



We met outside the restaurant and a friend of mine since childhood, let's call her "Betty", was sitting on one of those street polls. I guess they are there so that cars cannot crash into the building, sort of like dividers. They are low to the ground. Anyway, she's sitting on one of them, which are not meant to be sat on obviously, and she sits down in such a provocative way while wearing little shorts. She lures men from miles away to her. I think that has to do with the fact that she is a stripper and uses her sexuality every day. Mind you this girl was so quiet and mousy all throughout our childhoods but when she went away to college: bam- she came back a stripper! I don't really know who she is anymore. I mean I love her because she was my childhood best friend, but we now have nothing in common.
So a few guys started coming up to her and two other friends and hitting on them. It made laugh but at the same time reminded me of how I no longer feel beautiful, thin and young. It sounds crazy I know.


The food there was yucky! Definitely not worth the money. A few of my friends were there (you know the friends that are friends when you see them because you used to be very close in High school or college but no longer have anything in common?). One such friend let's call her "Elle" kept rubbing my belly and when I got up to go, gave my belly two kisses- one for each child. I thought that was strange because who does that?- but I know she is a little off kilter but means well.

Something funny did happen though that redeemed the whole feeling "not beautiful". As me and hubby exited the restaurant Betty and Elle were smoking a cigarette outside with two other women from the party and there was an unfamiliar man with them. I guess he too was seduced by my stripper- friend's stand and started up a convo with them.
As I said goodbye, the man looked at my husband and asked him "Is that your baby"- meaning if he was the father of my pregnant belly. I looked at him and said"Well, I hope so"- little does he know that I wasn't joking (I mean who knows if they mixed the wrong sperm with my egg- we'll know once the babies are born).

Then as my husband was saying his goodbyes, the man looked at me and said"I just want to let you know that I think pregnant women are so sexy- you look absolutely beautiful and sexy". I was shocked. I told him to say that to my husband (because my husband has said that to me before so I wanted him to hear someone else say it as well). My husband agreed with the man. I felt flattered. I could see the look on Betty & Elle's faces- it was pure shock, I don't think they ever thought that a pregnant woman could be sexy.
Then the man turns to me and my husband and says "well have fun for me tonight..." (little does this guy know that we hardly have sex since Ive gotten pregnant).

The whole experience made me laugh though. I don't feel sexy at all! Last week a co-worker of mine said that he thinks pregnant women are sexy. How can a pregnant woman feel sexy though? I feel so round and fat! I cant look at myself in pictures at this point in time!

The highlight of my night you ask?


It was going to the Kwick- E-Mart!



I'm not sure of you guys heard about the promotion 7-11 is doing for the Simpson's Movie. It's turning a handful of 7-11's into Quick-E-Marts. I dont know if you know this about me- But I loveeeee the Simpson's. Ive been watching since they were a cartoon short on the Tracey Ullman show back in the 80's. I made my husband stop and I went in. It was heaven! Cut outs of all the Simpson's characters, Squishee's instead of Slurpees, they had the pink donut from the movie posters, Duff Beer, and Krusty-O's cereal! I made my husband take pictures. I felt like an idiot, but I didn't care!


Here are some pics from the store:




Simpson's Donut:
Krusty-O-Cereal (the kind Bart Eats)
Apu


Me being Cheesy:



Bart & Homer


















3 comments:

Chastity said...

Girl, you are gorgeous...you could never look anything but beautiful! As for the gray hairs...I have been seeing them pop up like crazy since I had Lila. Actually, there are three or four that continue to grow back, but it seems like a lot. Mine are very white, not really gray. Your heritage and mine are different, but they both lend themselves to the very dark hair, so any light hair that comes in shows up so easily..BOO.

Anonymous said...

I hope this comment doesn't offend you- but I can't believe that you're only a week ahead of me! You look soooo much more pregnant than I do! (I'm a little jealous).

I hope your NT scan went well today. Go check out my blog- I wrote a response to your comment.

K J and the kids said...

Finally....a pregers picture of you.
I am one of those people who think pregnant belly's are WONDERFUL. Except my own. :)
I don't know that this feeling of wanting to be and be considered sexy ever goes away. I don't think feeling sexy really ever comes back. Maybe on a date night here and there.

I related to the story with your friends a little too much :)
I do not want to keep bringing it up...but it did remind me of "Knocked Up" movie a little bit :)

Start showing more preger belly shots aye ? :)