Yesterday I had my NT scan. My appointment was for 2:30pm, but was only seen at 3:45pm making me the last patient of the day.
My husband is great- he comes to every one of my appointments with me. He had a day off from work yesterday and spent hours with me instead of studying or relaxing at home. He has really proven himself since he saw those two little circles on the sonogram screen at 6 weeks.
Anyway, the clinic had great machines. I layed down on the bed and my husband sat to my right in a chair. There was a flat screen - directly above us on the wall that showed all the goings on of the babies. It was awesome! As she was measuring one baby, he/she moved their hand and it looked like it was sucking it's thumb- I laughed so hard because I sucked my thumb until I was 7! The other one waved hello to us! This sono was the best we really got to see them clearly!
I asked about the results and they said there were two parts to the NT screening. The first is the measurements, which they did and could give me the results for at the moment , and the second was the blood test ( that will take a week). The Doctor examined the pictures and said they looked great (Thank G-D).
She asked me if I wanted to be tested for many other things to check and see if the babies are ok- I told her to go for it. I am not the type of person to go blindly into things- I need to know facts. She said that if the blood test comes back ok, I still need to have another one done at 16 weeks. She said if the first blood test comes back abnormal... it might be a cause for worry. She said if the first is fine, and the second is iffy- not to worry because with twins and ivf there are a lot of false positives with regards to this test. I know about false positives from my blog friend Mony. She too had a false positive and was worried out of her mind for weeks. So I wont really stress until I know for sure.
As I was talking to her I asked her if she could tell what the sexes were. I guess she liked me because she said when they were done drawing blood, she would do another sono on me to see! It payed off to be the last patient of the day!
So they did the sono and the babies weren't in the best position for determining their sexes. She did this for about 20 minutes, while another doctor walked in and joined in on the fun. Although nothing is 100%, seems as though Baby A may be a girl, and Baby B a boy! Wow, one of each! I mean, I wont take it at face value, but she said that she's hardly ever been wrong and the only person she was wrong about was herself (she did her own sono at 10 weeks- so I guess all the doctors lie when they say its too early to tell at 3 months!).
All in all, it was pretty cool. The doctors were really friendly.
Tomorrow I have a friend's wedding and turns out I now have a circumcision tomorrow as well. My mom's cousin just had a set of twins- a boy and a girl. His wife also had IVF done. So when my dad called and said that me and hubby were invited, I had to say yes. I mean there's a camaraderie there- she just had twins through ivf and I am about to have twins through the same method (G-D willing). So my day will be quite busy tomorrow.
Here are some pics of the kids and a pregnant pic of me (just for you K)
Twin B: Waving to us/ troublemaker * possibly the boy*

Twin A: This is our lazy one *Possibly the Girl*

6 comments:
I LOVE u/s pictures!!! I can't wait for more. And that pic of you...wow, you're one hot mommy!!
BTW, when I was around 12 weeks, my lady did my sonogram and we saw a penis..I swear, I don't know what else it could have been. I guess it fell off, b/c Lila is ALL girl ;).
Ohhhh, beautiful!! You look radiant and happy. Just fantastic! :)
Awww, you look great! And the u/s pics are so cute...isn't it amazing how much they are doing in there at this early date? Very exciting that you may know the sexes too. Our lady asked us at the NT scan if we wanted to know but she couldn't get a good enough angle, although I *thought* I saw girly parts...turned out at my 20 wk u/s that she is indeed a girl! So yours could be what you think they are...or not, 50-50 chance! :)
Great pics, and you look great!
THANKS for the pics. I think B is FOR SURE a boy. His profile looks boyish to me. Hard to say with baby A.
I called it though, right ! :)
CONGRATULATIONS !!!
I'm so extremly happy for you.
Now the hard part. NAMES !!!!
Exciting stuff! If you look back at my previous blog entries, at our NT scan at 13w2d we knew one was a Boy, but the other was unclear - I really thought Girl. By the next time we saw them, we realized we had 2 boys!!
You look great!
Post a Comment