Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Trip: In pictures part 2

Continuing my trip in pictures...



Here we are at a lovely village on a mountain. My husband's aunt Dina (who is a tour guide) wanted to take us someplace beautiful. Of course, if I would have known about the trek, I wouldn't have worn heels.

Me tired and hungry from the trek:



So as we were driving to a restaurant in the area, we came across an Elvis rest- stop. Yes, you heard me right- in middle of the Israeli mountains- there is a random Elvis rest stop. Because what would Israel sight seeing be without a 20 foot Elvis statue?

The Elvis dinner/ gift shop where they coincidentally sell kosher Elvis wine. I wanted to buy some but my dear hubby said it would break in the suitcase. Damn him:

So we went to this restaurant. Unfortunately, although the menu stated "chicken kebabs, chicken breasts etc"... they actually ran out of chicken.
We ended up at this place because my husband and I are chicken eaters. I love how the sign says "Lebanese Food Restaurant" (as if restaurant didn't already imply they sell food there):



*BTW they did have chicken.. but when your chicken breast comes with white feathers attached accidentally, you sort of lose your appetite. Don't eat at L*ebanese food restaurant.

later in the day....



This day was my cousin 27th B's bday. Her husband's family met at her parent's house to have a mini celebration. Of course, we were late and missed out on all the fun:

Cousin B trying to be maternal- feeding Neve:





And although it was B's bday, she and her parents bought gifts for my girls! Look at the loot! (thank GD it wasn't anymore neon colored clothing- which btw my mother came back with more neon clothing- don't ask)




we ended up at this restaurant (to take her out) which happens to be owned by B's sister-in-law:


My husband and B's husband And the girls were there too- they slept though!






Next day we had lunch on the beach:












How awesome is this guy- he's on a raft with his dog!

That's all I have in more for today!

7 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I honestly don't know how you don't pack up and fly home today.

Gross....feathers on your chicken.

Caba said...

Every time I see picks of your girls, I can't believe how tiny they were at birth. They are some of the chunkiest little monkeys ever!!

Looks like your trip was so nice!

Chastity said...

Seriously? Feathers???

Unknown said...

Man, I gotta come for a visit...Love the family pictures.

Heather said...

The bikini picture at the end seriously just made my day!!! Thanks for making me feel better.

Topcat said...

I'm loving the feathers.

You look great! You look better than your cousin B. (No offence to her).

xo

Anonymous said...

I love how you guys go out to restaurants all the time with the girls - minus the chicken feathers of course! I find it super difficult to go to restaurants with my 5 month old and actually eat and enjoy myself. Hats off to you both.