Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Ramblings




OK, so I know that I am fairly new to this blogger game. Therefore I should not be offended that I have not been "tagged" yet. I will keep waiting.




So on a brighter note, I have almost been sleeping through the past 3 nights, which is exciting. The cramps have definitely subsided the past few days. Don't get me wrong, they are still there, but they don't come every 10 minutes and knock me off my feet like they did last week.




My favorite nurse in the world *Rosa* called yesterday. She called to thank me for the gift that I had given her on Monday ( A gift certificate to a spa) and to ask how I was feeling. I told her that the pain had subsided more or less. She asked if I am nauseous yet.




You know what? I'm not.




She said that it usually starts for some women on week 6- which would be next week for me.




Oh joy.






These cramps are enough to handle- please no throwing up. I take the NYC subway every day to and from work. That's an hour and a half. I do not need to be chucking up my lunch on the train.




Clothing

I also need to buy a few shirts this weekend. My stomach is large and in charge and noticeable now. It needs to be camouflaged until I am ready to let its presence be known. I was thinking maternity stores, but one site said that you could get away with going to plus size stores. The good thing is that tunics are in style now and they are the perfect disguise. How could something the size of rice (baby center) make me so bloated!?


Dr Jekyll/ Mr. Hyde

My husband has been saying that since I started my meds ( ivf) I have become a different person. He says he misses the old me. I miss me too.


Yes, I am a little short tempered.


Yes, I sleep at 8:30pm.


Yes, I ask him to get me things from the other room as I lay in bed.


Yes, I beg him to pick me up from the train station every day even though there is a bus that takes me to my house (which is 9 blocks away).


Yes, I bitch and moan about my pain. Constantly.


Yes, we have not had sex since I started the meds in early April. I have not been feeling too well, and now with this pregnancy and the accompanying cramps, I don't exactly feel "frisky". After we have the sono next week, I will ask my Doctor about sex. I know that it is permitted, but I just want to hear it from him.
This whole thing is like an out of body experience, I just cant describe it. I don't feel like myself at all. I wonder if this is normal, and when I will snap out of it.

4 comments:

Mony said...

I confess. I LIKE GEMINI GIRL! Something about you really connects.

Everyday is a learning experience. And it's so nice to know that we are not alone with our fears, our mood swings, our trepidation? And of course on top of all that, our JOY.

Whether in New York or Sydney...the hormones wreak equal havoc. Hang in there!
Oh and the tagging? I'm the opposite. I pray I don't get tagged because I'm to lazy to play & then I worry about offending my darling sisters!! Ha!

Anonymous said...

I must confess- I'm the same about not feeling "frisky". My poor husband. We really had a healthy physical relationship before this IVF business. I was kind of relieved when the nurse told me on Friday to wait another week before resuming intercourse.

Feel good!

Topcat said...

Hey Gemini Girl ..... you've been tagged!! Come see ...

Nearlydawn said...

Just think, this little bit of frustration and "lose of you" is a part of soemthing you have been trying very hard to acheive!

Now you are in uncharted territory for you. It may take a while to figure out what this "new you" is like. Give yourself room to be a little different if it is what you need.