Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 10, 2007

One More Day


So there I was at 4am, peeing on a stick. I had needed to pee the entire night but was afraid that the result's in the morning would be less accurate. So after 4 hours of almost urinating in bed, I ran to the restroom. I figured that since I had to wake up at 6am, 2 hours wouldn't be so bad.


I peed.


I didn't wait for the results, I returned to sleep.


I woke up, and there it was- the same 2 lines.


I'm finding this hard to believe. Could it be that after one single IVF I am pregnant? There are women that have to go through 5 or 9 cycles of IVF before it happens. My life has never been simple.


Again, remember- I did have a fallopian tube and ovary removed in my early twenties. I cursed life and though it unfair. I know that what happened to me.... well, I deserved it. I know why it happened.


I only say this because I tend to notice how G-D reacts to certain situations and comments. Case in point:



1997:

When I was 16 years old, and my mother 43.... she had to have a hysterectomy. This happened because she had a VERY LARGE cyst in her uterus that she did not take care of early on. The Doctors said that they had never seen such a thing. It was almost as big as a baby. Thank G-D it was benign.



My father and I went to visit my mother shortly after her surgery... ( me full of teen angst) I had the audacity to fight with my father in front of my laying mother. I don't even remember about what. But she became upset.



I upset my mother after she underwent such a tough surgery, and a part of me didn't care.



I remember that until this day.


And that was it - my fate sealed. I too was to have similar surgery- not once, but twice. You can call it karma or G-D, but I know it to be the the latter.



2000:


I have always been one to suffer during her period. I can count on one hand how many non-painful cycles Ive had. On one such painful afternoon as I was laying in bed crying in pain, I said to myself... "If these pains are caused by my period, I'd rather not have my period at all- I would rather not have children"


I was dumb. I was 18. What did I know about the pain of being infertile.


I wish I could smack that 18 year old upside the head.


And again- G-D took those words and said ..."Now I will show you that words have weight". And he did.



TODAY:

Here I am at 26 years old. Still young- yes. But have I been through a lot? Emotionally and physically I would say so. I know that there are people that have been through worse.


Everything is relative.


But losing a tube and ovary on two separate occasions before you have ever had children?


So I am making up for all the bad that Ive done, and hopefully I have learnt my lesson.


I have learnt my lesson.


And I hope that G-D know how badly I want this child, and how I regret all that Ive said and done.


I will know tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! B'shaa tovah. Everything should stay good!

Stacie said...

May tomorrow be the day you have waited for...I am sending positive vibes your way!

Can't wait to hear your news!

Stacie

Becks said...

Good luck for tomorrow, hope its excellent news.

Stacie said...

Congrats on the beta! Good luck to you, too! May we both have long, healthy pregnancies! Do you go back for a second beta?

Stacie